Ask Us About Our Wedges
Below are some of our featured items, but Call Us Today and ask if we hold your favorite brand.
Titleist Vokey SM7
PROGRESSIVE CENTER OF GRAVITY
SM7 features a progressive center of gravity optimized for each loft, bounce, and grind for improved distance control, tighter shot dispersion, and exceptional feel throughout the wedge set. CG gets lower in the low lofts and higher in the high lofts to produce consistent ball flight and trajectory control.
SPIN MILLED GROOVES
Vokey’s Spin Milled process is unique to each finish and loft for the sharpest, most consistent groove edges. SM7 wedges feature a Parallel Face Texture for tighter quality tolerances and maximum spin. SM7 also features a distinct groove design between lofts: low lofts (46-54) are designed with narrower, deeper grooves, while higher lofts (56-62) have wider, shallower grooves. The result is superior spin and control on all wedge shots. Additionally, a proprietary heat treatment process produces best-in-class groove durability for longer lasting spin.
A CAVITY BACK WEDGE PUTS FORGIVENESS IN YOUR SHORT GAME
Get more forgiveness and distance with a cavity back wedge that blends with your cavity back irons.
A DUAL-V SOLE GIVE YOU FORGIVENESS AND VERSATILITY
The CBX sole uses two different V shapes to maximize forgiveness and maintain versatility.
A front-to-back V shape lets you cut smoothly through the turf without loss of speed.
A heel-to-toe V shape lets you open the face for versatility while still providing extra help in the sand.
SPIN IT LIKE THE PROS WITH ROTEX FACE TECHNOLOGY
Tour Zip Grooves, Laser Milling, and Micro Milling produce tour-level spin for total control.
Aggressive grooves channel debris away from the face for more consistent full shots from the fairway and rough.
FEEL BALANCING TECHNOLOGY MEANS CONSISTENT PERFORMANCE
A microcavity in the hosel moves the center of gravity closer to the middle of the face, enhancing feel and distance control.
With a sweet spot closer to your ideal hitting location you get more forgiveness on your wedge shots.
PROGRESSIVE DESIGN TRANSITIONS WITH YOUR IRONS
Progressive size, shape, and weighting seamlessly blend into your cavity back iron set.
More Spin from Groove-In-Groove Technology
A unique suite of features and technologies promotes enhanced spin and control
- 20D Groove: The lower lofted wedges (52* and below) feature a 20D groove for consistent spin on fuller shots
- 5D Groove: The higher lofted wedges (54* and above) have an aggressive 5D groove for maximum control out of rough and around the green
If you look on the club face, you’ll see a 16-groove configuration, with a small extra “Nip-It” Groove near the leading edge for added control. On its own, that 16-groove configuration provides excellent spin and control. But we didn’t stop there. Inside of each of these main grooves, we’ve cut in a series of even more aggressive micro-grooves to increase spin significantly on a variety of grooves. So this combination of grooves PLUS micro-grooves provides 84 different contact points, instead of 16. That leads to a lot more spin.
Four Sole Grinds to Suit a Variety of Playing Styles, Attack Angles and Course Conditions
Multiple options to easily execute numerous types of shots from the fairway, rough and sand
- C-Grind: Increased relief, especially at the heel, makes it easier to play a variety of shots with the face open. Ideal for medium-to-shallow attack angles and/or rm course conditions. 8° bounce.
- S-Grind: Medium-width sole with slight ribbon at the back and moderate heel relief to keep the leading edge low through impact, promoting solid contact on open-faced shots. 10° bounce.
- W-Grind: Sole is wider at the center and toe and narrower at the heel, with moderate heel relief and generous front-to- back camber. That prevents digging without increasing bounce, and keeps the leading edge close to the turf at impact. More versatile than our previous W-Grind. 12° bounce.
- X-Grind: This new grind features a narrow, high-bounce crescent sole, with the low point near the front. Excellent for moderate-to-steep attack angles and medium-to-soft course conditions. 12° bounce.
Pro Tip: C-Grind and the new X-Grind Mack Daddy 4 wedges are ideal for golfers that like to play a variety of different shots or play at a course that offers a wide range of lies. W-Grind and S-Grind Mack Daddy 4 wedges are extremely versatile and ideal for golfers who primarily like to hit their wedge shots with a square face.
Satisfying Feel from Soft Carbon Steel, Precise CG Locations and Crisp Turf Interaction
All three elements work together to deliver to remarkable feel at impact. Our system of four weight ports and milled aluminum medallions allows us to position the head’s CG progressively upward as loft increases for solid feel on every shot.
Our most rigorously tested and Tour-validated wedge ever, leading to a more compact shape, straighter leading edge, and tighter leading-edge radius. The tight radius makes it easy for clean contact on tight lies for maximum spin and control.
We can Special Order.
Come in to Illini Golf and browse our club selection. Get fit for Drivers, Fairways, Hybrids, Irons, and Wedges. 82% of our Iron Sets are custom fit by our in store certified fitters. Come in and experience why we’ve been in business for over 30 years. We promise you it is a game changing experience.